Director @ FACEBOOK SPORT
December 8, 2017
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.Facebook is seeking an experienced sports executive and leader who is passionate about the convergence of sports content and technology, and deeply knowledgeable about rapidly changing models of content distribution, fan engagement, and media monetization.
This role will lead our efforts to identify and distribute a variety of sports video via Facebook’s properties in order to maximize consumer engagement and business value on behalf of both Facebook and our partners (including broadcasters and rights holders).
This person will be responsible for prioritizing the right opportunities, driving partner negotiations, leading programming and distribution operations, and ensuring successful results in collaboration with a broad cross-functional team.
The position is full-time and based in London office.
- Lead overall sports video partnership strategy with an emphasis on live sports events & original content
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of priority content partnership opportunities with rights holders and broadcasters throughout the world in collaboration with business development, legal and partnerships teams
- Develop goals, business cases, and financial metrics for content plans
- Oversee content development, programming and operations in collaboration with global partnerships, content, and operational cross-functional teams
- Work closely with product and monetization teams to ensure a comprehensive sports content strategy and business model that supports our mission and objectives and addresses the needs of our business partners
- Support at scale our partners’ exploration of new content development, distribution and business models leveraging digital, social and mobile
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key sports rights holders and broadcasters, in collaboration with the sports partnerships team
- Deliver reviews and analysis of existing business and opportunities to senior management on a regular basis
- Coordinate strategy and execution of sports content partnerships around major global sports events
- Represent Facebook in meetings with C-level sports industry executives
- Be a source of deep insights about the sports ecosystem and partners to our senior executives
- Track record of leadership and hands-on experience acquiring and distributing premium sports video for global organizations in support of business objectives
- 12+ years of experience leading content acquisition, development, programming, and/or distribution strategies
- Experience in video content valuation, negotiations, content development/production, broadcast operations and/or project management
- Understanding of sports content rights landscape and media environment, digital business models and consumer Internet/technology space
- Cross-functional leadership and project management skills
- Capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues
- Interpersonal skills and ability to develop working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills and familiarity with both industry and Facebook-related data / metrics
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an environment with little supervision
- Significant buy-side experience