Freelance Digital Assistant Producer Wanted @ BT Sport
June 30, 2017
Deadline: 27 July 2017
Contract: 12 Months (Freelance)
BT Sport is hiring! We want to put digital at the heart of our programming and are looking for the brightest and best in the industry to help evolve our coverage. If you’re a digital star, who instinctively understands the power of social media, we want you to join our team to influence our industry-leading broadcasting.
You will take ownership of BT Sport’s Graphic ‘L’ bar, creating and curating content including live news snaps, social posts and schedule information.
You will manage live interactive and digital elements of our broadcasts, source pertinent digital content and live insights from social media for use on-air, work with producers, the social media team and designers to engage the audience and promote BT programming.
Work on-site to produce bespoke social media content, including live broadcasts with our key on-air talent.
What will you be doing?
- Writing short-form news bulletins for display on the BT Sport graphic ‘L bar’, and curating and managing the ‘L’ bar, within an agreed style guide
- Developing a deep understanding of social analysis tool Spredfast Intelligence
- Sourcing social media content for use on live studio shows and live football and rugby events from OB trucks and studio galleries; working with producers, directors and graphics operators
- Work with the social media producers and designers to engage the audience, promote shows and crowdsource social content/debate for items in-show
- Producing content for various BT Sport channels in-studio and at outside broadcasts – Facebook Live, Periscope and Instagram
- Social listening – the monitoring of customer and competitor conversations and activity
What will you have done before?
- A confident and experienced live news editor with experience of working independently on busy match days
- A fast learner who keeps their head while others are losing theirs and exudes calm authority.
- A punchy wordsmith who can make an impact, using two words or 20
- A social media authority who understands the difference between brilliant and ordinary content
- Top class sporting knowledge across the board
- Willingness to work to a flexible rota dictated by a schedule of sports events, both at the BT Sport studio and at live OBs
- OB experience preferable.
Please click here to apply via the BT careers website.