Freelance Homepage Editor @ ESPN
April 16, 2019
Job ID 658286BR
Location Hammersmith, London
ESPN are looking for a Homepage Editor to join their team. This is a freelance role based in the EMEA Disney head office in Hammersmith.
The primary role of a Homepage Editor is to curate the ESPN homepage & sport indexes – in the UK and around the world – making sure the best available content is displayed in the most impactful way.
Doing this effectively will result in maximising the consumption of editorial and video on the homepage and the ESPN UK app through a mix of news, features, live and social.
- To increase consumption of editorial and video content on ESPN web & app
- To enhance the quality, presentation and amplification of ESPN homepages and indexes
- To recognise and best sell news and content that will stand out in a competitive marketplace
- To develop and maintain strong internal relationships to be able to work in tandem with ESPN programming teams in Australia, India and US as part of the Global Programming Team
- Experience of operating web production processes and workflows
- A knowledge of online publishing and editing tools, social media networks, analytical tools and traffic measurement programmes (Chartbeat, Omniture)
- Excellent editing skills – in particular headline writing and image selection/presentation
- Strong copy writing and subbing skills
- A knowledge of ESPN’s digital properties
- A good understanding of current industry trends
- Spanish, French, German or Italian language skills a definite advantage.
Click here to apply: