Great Big Events
Contract type; Fixed Term (Full time)
12 Month Contract – with potential for renewal
Closing date; 25 January 2017
Job Description; Graphic Designer
We are on the hunt for a talented individual with a creative mindset who has the ability to interpret briefs from a variety of external stakeholders, with a strong design eye to conceptualise, develop and execute the delivery of graphics assets for our global event business.
Our company has delivered some of the most significant events on the planet – multiple Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, Rugby World Cup events, and World Championships. We have also delivered a host of major cultural events for and on behalf of Government departments and Organising Committee’s all over the world.
Your core output will be to work on the creation of graphics for stadium videoscreens, merchandise design, bespoke concept development, design storyboards, create moodboards, generate visual run sheets, and conceptualise floor plans and layouts. You will work with our event producers to create visually exciting and dynamic assets for tenders, proposals and presentations and create artwork for event merchandise and collateral.
This role would be on a fulltime basis working in the London office, but work to service the requirements of our international business (Europe, Sydney and Doha) with exposure across each of our dedicated service pillars – sport, culture, vision and marketing.
This is a varied role that crosses many marketing and design platforms. It requires genuine attention to detail and a positive, pro-active project mindset.
This is an exciting time to join our London team as we move to new premises next month and have taken on some new projects. We’re looking for a self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and who can really integrate with our fantastic team.
• Generate key marketing projects including:
– Liaising with the Marketing team and Event Producers / Managers
– Management of work schedule and processes, including collaborating with key internal clients
– Interpret briefs from potential clients, create assets and document layouts including tenders, proposals and presentations
– Development of marketing collateral including written / storyboards / moodboards / company brochures
– Use relevant design tools and graphic design skills to create graphics assets
– Creation of graphics for stadium videoscreens
– Bespoke designs using client look and feel for various event assets
• Assist in maintaining company digital marketing platforms (secondary function)
• Using relevant design tools and graphic design skills to create graphics assets
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate:
• Minimum 1 year professional experience
• Intermediate to advanced-level competency in Adobe Creative Suite inc. Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and Keynote
• High level proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, PowerPoint. Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to translate a creative brief into slick graphics assets that support and promote our company solution
• Strong creative nous and writing skills
• Excellent communication, visually, verbally and via written correspondence, client focused and culturally sensitive
• A positive disposition and ability to effectively manage different personalities
• The ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Excellent initiative
• Team player who is willing to be flexible in supporting the team
• Communication, marketing and design qualifications
Highly desirable skills include:
Understanding of, and a passion for sport
UK General Manager
Project ProducersHow to apply
• A cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for the position
• PDF samples of any design or portfolio work if applicable
• CVs submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please submit to:
Great Big Events