Sports Producer @ CNBC
January 4, 2018
They will work in close collaboration and coordinate with the editorial and technical teams in the London newsroom, including senior show producers and broadcast operations, on overall content and production.
They will also work closely with the CNBC.com team and the Social Media & Digital Video teams internationally, and contribute to our multiplatform content.
This role reports to the Senior Employee and Executive Producer, News & Programming and is based in London.
- Produce a daily sports news bulletin, including conceiving story ideas and selecting appropriate images and video footage
- Communicate with show teams, senior producers, anchors, digital and operations staff to ensure sports content is harmonized across platforms
- Report on sporting developments on a standalone basis and create compelling packages for shows across CNBC
- Develop and execute ideas for feature programming on sports
- Liaise with third-party sports producers to acquire relevant content
- Write articles for CNBC.com, including original reporting and write-ups of TV programming
- Develop and present sports content for CNBC’s digital platforms
- Manage and effectively use CNBC’s newsroom systems (graphics, CGs, Hotboards)
- Work closely with our legal and compliance team to ensure all sports content is Ofcom cleared and appropriate.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Outstanding news judgement and deep editorial expertise on sports and business
- Demonstrable experience in television news production/reporting
- Strong writing skills and ability to work across platforms under strict deadlines
- Experience editing on Adobe Premiere Pro or equivalent would be useful
- Experience in self-shooting camera-work would be useful
- University degree or related education or experience
- High standard of written English
- Additional languages would be beneficial