Assistant Sports News Editor @ Telegraph Sport
October 11, 2020
Closing Date: 19th October 2020
Telegraph Sport is looking for a Assistant Sports News Editor. This role is a key member of the Sport editing team, responsible for commissioning features content across digital and print.
- Commissioning and editing news stories for digital and print.
- Working with Sports News Editor to ensure Telegraph products set and reflect the news agenda.
- Speaking to and working with reporters on news stories.
- Planning and prosecuting longer-term news projects.
- Representing the department at editorial conferences.
- Helping to drive subscriptions and engagement via the Telegraph website.
- Experience of news editing and commissioning, not necessarily on a Sport desk.
- Experience of regular and fast-paced communication with news reporters.
- Strong news sense and judgement and track record of generating exclusive content.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of a wide variety of men’s and women’s sport, particularly football, rugby union and cricket.
- Understanding of social media and data.
- Knowledge and understanding of The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
For more information and to apply for the role, click here.