- 2 of the roles will be within the Short Form team and the other in the Get Inspired team.
- To produce audio and video material and supporting text for sporting events and news stories for a variety of outlets and platforms – e.g. Red Button, BBC Sport website, Get Inspired, Connected TV, mobile devices, Network Television, BBC News Channel, 5 Live, iPlayer and third-party social media networks.
- To generate and develop content and services of the highest standard
- To maintain thorough knowledge of the relevant production systems and equipment and to know where to refer technical issues to be solved
- To respond flexibly and positively to changing and conflicting priorities across output to ensure the success of projects within a fast-paced environment
- To understand the technical and workflow processes to ensure the best possible standard ‘On Demand’ video products for BBC Sport Digital, ensuring consistency of policy, quality, style and editorial content of output and adherence to Producer Guidelines and BBC/Industry Codes of Practice.
- To make editorial decisions quickly and confidently with the ability to respond calmly and positively to changing live events and circumstances
- To work both individually and with others to generate and develop ideas, treatments and formats of the highest quality consistent with departmental strategy
- To develop close working relationships with colleagues in other areas of BBC, to help maximise the potential of BBC’s multiplatform operating model
- To ensure good and effective use of resources
- To stay abreast of industry developments
- To show commitment to equality and diversity and the maintenance of health and safety standards
The Ideal Candidate
Our assistant producer will have experience of a wide variety of technologies, e.g. video processing and other encoding methods and working knowledge of and experience of video production processes, including, for example Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid, EVS-LSM, IP Director, After Effects etc.
For more info click here.