BT Sport are seeking a broadcast compliance editor to join their team.
Job Function: Regulatory Compliance
Contract Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: January 27, 2020
Why this role matters
• BT Broadcast Media & Compliance function is responsible for managing BT Consumer’s relationship with Ofcom.
• Key purpose of this role is to ensure the content transmitting on the BT Sport linear channels and content available on the BT TV platform are compliant under the relevant UK regulations and BT’s editorial policy.
What you’ll be doing
• The compliance and editing of 3rd party acquisitions, repeat re-versions, fillers, in-house produced, and commissioned content to create OFCOM compliant versions for transmission.
• To edit and log all necessary and recommended edits required for transmission. This will include the identification of commercial break points, undue product prominence and commercial references, competitions, sponsorship, the identification of non-cleared rights material etc.
• The compliance and editing of content for a variety of platforms including our BT Sport linear channels, BT TV VOD platform and digital sites.
• Occasional live compliance.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV
• Experience working for a broadcaster in a compliance viewer role.
• Knowledge and practical application of Ofcom broadcast regulations.
• Proven editing experience, preferably on Avid editing software.
• Flexible and can adapt to pressures of fast-paced environment.
• Proven self-starter. Ability to work and manage time effectively both independently and as part of a brilliant team.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good understanding of current, digital, professional editing/broadcast technology, including file formats and codecs an advantage.
• Interest in sport.
• Someone who can think about content with an editorial eye.
• First class communication skills.
Click here to apply for this role.