Club/Organisation: England Hockey
England Hockey is recruiting for a Communications Officer to join its Commercial Team.
Following our women’s team’s historic gold medal at the summer Olympics in Rio, the opportunity for the sport in the country has never been greater, both for EH’s own digital content and external media opportunities. With the Hockey World League in London in summer 2017, and the women’s Hockey World Cup in summer 2018, there are exciting times ahead.
The Communications Strategy is central to the England Hockey achieving its objectives. This encompasses a calendar of engaging and creative content, regarding both international and domestic hockey.
The Communications Officer’s role is to conceive, produce and deliver content across all England Hockey’s communication channels, including social media. This content must support the businesses’ objectives, deliver England Hockey’s brand strategy and inspire hockey fans to follow. Fitting into an annual communications plan, it must be of a high quality, relevant to the audience and timely.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce engaging, creative and inspiring content across EH channels including social media
• Plan and deliver consistent high quality content, relating to both sport and commercial activities
• Lead theSupport the management of athletes’ media opportunities, liaising with players and media groups, raising the profile of our players and generating hero creation campaigns
• Support EH PR activity, writing press releases and developing strong relationships with sports industry media
• Provide liaison with media to ensure engagement across all events
• Produce regular HTML newsletters targeting different audience groups
• Take responsibility for the development of EH’s social media strategy and content plan
• Manage EH social media presence ensuring content is up-to-date and relevant.
• Work with the Communications Manager on content production for other communications such as Hockey magazine and event programmes
• Co-ordinate the day to day activity on EH website ensuring the company and its activities are represented in a brand enhancing manner.
• Manage EH photo archives.
• Deliver engaging and inspiring reporting at major events
• Deliver recognisable international fan campaigns with relevant regular content
• Remain on the forefront of communication trends and technologies to assist EH identify new avenues.
• Ensure participants, deliverers and followers of hockey receive consistent, relevant communication across all channels
• Support marketing activity to drive sales of EH’s products and services
• Any other reasonable management requests
Closing Date: 17th February 2017
Interview Date w/c 27th February 2017
Location: Bisham Abbey NSC, Marlow
Salary: £20k – £26k per annum (dependent on experience)
Contact: Michele Townsend