Digital Assistant Producer – BT Sport
November 13, 2017
Location : London
Schedule : Full-Time
Salary : Competitive
Closing Date : 24/11/2017
Why this role matters
You will be managing live interactive and digital elements of our broadcasts, sourcing relevant digital content and live insights from social media for use on-air, working with producers, the social media team and designers to engage the audience and promote BT Sport programming.
You will also be working on-site to produce bespoke social media content, including live broadcasts with our key on-air talent.
What you’ll be doing
- Sourcing social media content for use on live studio shows and live football and rugby events from OB trucks and studio galleries; working with producers, directors and graphics operators.
- Work with the social media producers and designers to engage the audience, promote shows and crowdsource social content/debate for items in-show.
- Producing content for various BT Sport channels in-studio and at outside broadcasts – Facebook Live, Periscope and Instagram.
- Developing a deep understanding of social analysis, using social media aggregators.
- Social listening – the monitoring of customer and competitor conversations and activity.
- Managing and curating contributions and content from our pool of fan pundit contributors
- Writing short-form news bulletins for display on the BT Sport graphic ‘L bar’, and curating and managing the ‘L’ bar, within an agreed style guide.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- A fast learner who keeps their head while others are losing theirs and exudes calm authority.
- A punchy wordsmith who can make an impact, using two words or 20.
- A social media authority who understands the difference between brilliant and ordinary content.
- Top class sporting knowledge across the board.
- Willingness to work to a flexible rota dictated by a schedule of sports events, both at the BT Sport studio and at live OBs.
- OB/gallery experience essential.
- A confident and experienced live news editor with experience of working independently on busy matchdays.
Why choose us?
We want to put digital at the heart of our programming and are looking for the brightest and best in the industry to help evolve our coverage. If you’re a digital star, who instinctively understands the power of social media, we want you to join our team to influence our industry-leading broadcasting.
This role will include frequent weekend and evening work and travel on a variable working pattern. Please only apply if you are happy with this, as we know it isn’t for everyone. Please apply via our recruitment portal today to be considered. *LI-JW