Digital Presenter @ BBC Sport
December 5, 2019
BBC Sport has an amazing opportunity for someone to be the new face of BBC Sport’s digital content for 16-24-year-olds.
- The Digital presenter’s core hours will be Monday-Friday but depending on where the stories and events are will be needed to travel and cover content at short notice.
- We expect our presenter to be a creator and be fully involved with the digital teams and production process – from reactive ideas meetings through to delivery of the content.
- We’re not expecting you to be a fully rounded self-shooter/editor but you do need to bring more skills to the role than just presenting.
- You’ll come up with ideas, bring in stories, carry out pre-recorded interviews and occasionally make podcasts and host live-streamed content on social platforms.
- You’ll be as comfortable presenting on location as from a sofa in MediaCityUK.
Are you the right candidate?
- You’ll have a conversational, informal and warm style, while being able from time to time to tackle more complex stories that young people are interested in.
- You don’t have to be in the sporting world but a passion for sport is a must and an interest in football essential.
- You don’t have to be within the age range but you need to be able to relate to 16-24-year-olds; have a love for Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and other social media platforms; and be a close follower of youth culture, content and trends.
- You have to have warmth, personality, be authentic, charismatic and used to creating quick turn-around trending content or YouTube videos. They might be creating as an Influencer or digital presenter already and feel very comfortable being themselves in front of a camera. They have to feel at home interviewing celebrities whether they’re social influencers, big sports stars or musicians.
- The person we’re looking for will not only be able to be the face for our youth content but will also be a creator themselves and able to come up with great ideas and collaborate with our digital video and social media teams.
This is a 12-month opportunity based at BBC Sport, MediaCityUK, Salford and open to people 18 or over. The successful person will be working within a team and expected to travel to events in the UK and abroad as and when necessary.
The deadline for this application is 15th December 2019.
For more details on how to apply, click here.