Based: West Yorkshire
Application Deadline: 22/12/2019
We have recently announced exciting news confirming significant expansion of our digital network of regional news brands. We are committing to 46 journalists into permanent positions and seven new launches in 2020, so there really hasn’t been a better time to join us! As part of this, we are looking for a sports journalist to cover Sheffield United football club. We are looking for someone who can produce sports stories designed to reach and engage football audiences. You will have superb social media skills, excellent digital storytelling techniques and a deep understanding of how to make content engaging to digital audiences.
– Produce compelling, interesting and engaging content across our stable of clubs
– Gather and tell stories that fans will care about
– Work on a variety of shifts designed to maximise audience opportunities
– Take direction from senior editors when commissioned content
– Develop contacts and leads to break exclusive stories
– Be agile in writing about multiple topics and stories across the day, where audience determines
– Maintain and promote our content through live blogging, podcasting, video and other formats
– Pitch your own ideas in line with the site’s brand
– Produce outstanding multi-platform content across a number of different channels
– Support the rest of the team with editorial responsibilities
– Cover major stories, breaking sports news and be part of fan conversations in a fast-paced digital environment
– Maximise opportunities for audience engagement and interaction
– Identify new opportunities for growth and development, particularly around digital sports content
– Use social media to engage with and build our audiences
– Assist with long-term planning and produce content ahead of major events
– Use analytics and data intelligence to guide your own content production.
Apply for the job here.