Graphic Designer @ BBC Sport
June 6, 2019
Contract Type: Full-Time
Based: MediaCity, Salford
Application Deadline: 7th July, 2019
Job Reference: BBC/TP/165/39997
- Create innovative, effective and high spec design solutions within brand, within brief and within budget for both templated and non-templated graphics across all platforms
- Undertake relevant research for programme content material and ensure editorial, grammatical and spelling accuracy
- Populate and maintain the BBC Sport Graphics Central database
- Develop and maintain relationships with production teams. Anticipate their needs, suggest ideas, identify potential problems and provide suitable alternatives where appropriate
- Understand BBC Sport brand strategy and importance of delivering cross-platform solutions within the brand
- Ensure correct and successful interpretation of graphic design brief with production including time scale and budget
- To keep abreast of the latest innovative developments and tools in broadcast graphics and share information, ideas and best practice with all stakeholders
- To pitch and present design ideas for graphics tenders working in collaboration with the editorial teams and Creative Lead
- To provide onsite graphics support at OBs if required and understand delivery formats for Post Production and live playout
- To project manage and organise own workload efficiently, being able to prioritise requirements to transmission deadlines and in order of importance in a high pressure environment
- To have experience of working with 3D design packages and have a general understanding of modeling practices within VR environments.
- To work weekend shifts on rotation with other Designers.
Please apply here.