Contract Type: Permanent
Reports To: Head of Youth
Based: Premier League HQ
The mission of the Premier League Youth Department is to work with our Clubs to develop More and Better Players, capable of playing in the most competitive and compelling football competition in the world. To support our mission, we work to support the personal, sporting, academic, and social development of Academy Players aged 9 to 23.
An exciting opportunity to join our team as Head of Education has become available. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring Academy Players are provided with an innovative, inspiring and individualised Education provision, that is age-appropriate, designed to support them to reach their full potential.
Requirements for the role
• Understanding of education across primary, secondary, further and higher education.
• High level understanding of pedagogy
• High level understanding of student-athlete pathways
• Excellent understanding of Safeguarding legislation and good practice Core Capabilities:
• Team player with high emotional intelligence, who seeks and acts on feedback
• Able to demonstrate high level interpersonal dexterity to work effectively within an interdisciplinary environment
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritise
• Able to synthesise and clearly present decisions with strong written and verbal communication skills 4 of 4
• Ability to think critically and work strategically
• Demonstrate high levels of resilience • Able to act independently on both project-based and analytical tasks
• Strong competence of working with MS Office (esp. power point and excel) • Comfortable working in an agile way, and with change and uncertainty
• Able to work in a high-performance environment and deliver against challenging deadlines
• Willingness to learn new approaches and adapt to different working styles.
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.
The closing date for applications is Monday 16 March 2020.