Journalism Researcher @ BBC Sport
January 28, 2020
Do you have a passion for making radio, podcasts and digital content? Are you ready to work in a team that covers some of the world’s biggest sporting events? If so we could have the ideal junior role for you to learn about how to produce live coverage, award-winning podcasts, and make social media content for 5 Live Sport.
- You’ll have the opportunity to work on coverage of Premier League & Champions League football, the Six Nations Rugby, the Olympics, Grand Slam tennis and more.
- When it comes to making the podcast you’ll be vital to the team that produces That Peter Crouch podcast and the Football Daily – two of the biggest sports podcasts in the industry.
- You’ll need to come up with ideas and stories for programmes and digital platforms and provide clear treatments and proposals, ensuring consistency of content, quality and style
- You may be asked to support the production of a specific sport throughout the year working closely with Sport Correspondents, Sport Leads and Production Management
- You will be able to work flexibly to deliver live sport programmes from around the world and throughout the day and night
Are You The Right Candidate?
- If you have some experience working in the media that’s great but if you don’t that’s not a problem. What we do need is sound editorial judgement and good sport knowledge.
- You’ll need to know the principles of how to optimise storytelling for under 34s, and will be passionate about both the creation and production of digital content.
- You’ll need to be a team player and a quick learner. Mindset is important: we want enthusiasm, ideas and creativity.
Please note, this job is at MediaCity Salford and is a continuing contract. The closing date for applications is the 29th January 2020. To apply click here.