Media & Communcations Apprentice @ SnowMedia Academy
August 30, 2017
SnowMedia and Kinetic Foundation are looking to recruit a team member to develop and implement a marketing strategy for the exciting new Sportswik app.
About the organisations:
Sportswik is a social media app and media platform for sport which has just opened its UK base and is official sponsor of Croydon FC. The company is on a programme of introducing the app into British participation team sport – initially football by introducing it into teams, clubs and leagues.
Kinetic Foundation was established with the goal of using sport as a means of engaging with disadvantaged young people in the south London area. It provides a range of services and activities to develop skills and capabilities among service users to help them integrate better into society as independent, responsible and mature individuals.
- To support Kinetic Foundation (KF) and Snowmedia/Sportswik (SS) to develop and implement the Marketing and Communications strategy and operational plan.
- Monitor, evaluate and news and social media reports generated about the organisation.
- Conducting research, compiling databases and updating existing ones
- Administration and office support
- Liaising with external suppliers
- ORGANISATIONAL SPECIFIC:
- To assist and lead in current and new funding applications (KF)
- Be a part of the foundations fundraising events advertising and promotion (KF)
- Forming partnerships with external organisations (KF/SS)
- To support the organisation in the promotion of Sportswik media activities including:
- Match reporting for home and away games for Croydon FC (SS)
- Match reporting at select Croydon FC youth games (SS)
- Outreach with grassroots teams and clubs to support the growth of Sportswik (SS)
- Supporting the development of each organisation’s brand and to help raise awareness of the organisation’s activities
- Continue to ensure the organisation’s external and internal publications are consistent of message and maximise efficiency.
- Assist in the writing and publication of the organisation’s printed material, website/on-line publications and social media promotions.
- Develop links within the local media community to ensure that there is regular coverage of the organisation’s activities.
- Provide a regular source of press releases to the media.
- Provide marketing support to dedicated campaigns.
- Undertake relevant market research to identify progress and highlight areas for priority action.
- Work with members of the organisation’s team and other partners to provide marketing support where required.
- Commitment and passion for the aims of the organisation
- Interest in communications industry – media, marketing industries– with evidence of how you have shown this
- Knowledge of social media and interest in traditional media – news and sport
- IT Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous Work experience in marketing/communications
- IT Skills – graphic design and/or web development
- Awareness of the workings of voluntary organisations
- Experience in customer services (retail of service industry)
- Full driving licence
- Problem Solving
- Customer Excellence
- Developing Self and Others
Terms of employment (overview):
- The successful candidate will be based dually across the offices of Snowmedia and Kinetic Foundation in Croydon, but will be required to work away from the office on projects and in a sporting environment as part of their role.
- The role requires flexible hours and some weekend working on a rota basis.
- The contract will be over an 18-month period on a full-time basis (35 hours per week)
- Rate of pay will be £4.50 per hour – paid monthly. This equates to £682.50 per calendar month gross, £8,190 per annum.
- Apprentice will be entitled to four weeks paid holiday
- Apprentice will commit to (on average) two days classroom-based learning working way from the workplace and will work towards completion of industry recognised NCTJ (National Council for Training of Journalists) foundation qualification.
- This role may involve direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities. The successful candidate will therefore be required to undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a DBS check to ensure eligibility for the role.
- Sunday 3rd September – Deadline for submission of applications (midnight)
- Wednesday 6th September – Notice to shortlisted candidates – written test submission
- Monday 11th September – Interviews (Croydon) – details to be provided to successful candidates
- Monday 18th September – potential start date
- Next Steps:
- To apply please provide a CV and covering letter stating why you think you are suitable for the role.
- Where relevant please also include examples of previous writing or social media engagement and any previous experience working and evidence of transferable skills
- Please email your application to both of the following addresses:
If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop us a line prior to completion of the application.
Best of luck and thank you for considering this opportunity.