Production Apprentice @ IMG
May 22, 2019
The Production Apprentice will undertake a series of placements across IMG Productions’ projects, interspersed with training sessions. As an Apprentice, a senior manager will mentor you for the duration of the traineeship. The Programme will focus on providing trainees an opportunity to get hands on exposure the largest independent sport production company by working across the majority of our functions, including but not limited to our live, magazine, documentary and online production output.
The apprenticeship scheme will focus on all aspects of the business including creative solutions, editorial input, technical and production management. There will be a number of placements across the live, broadcast, magazine, studio, post-production and online production output.
The rotations will include exposure in the below functions:
- Media Management – This will involve training and an introduction to the management, distribution and storage of all incoming Premier League Production’s media and how this is used to make our well-known features and content that is distributed internationally.
- Preditor Training- Training on how to become a successful self-shooting editor.
- Production Management – This will involve training and exposure to how our productions are organised, you will get an understanding of the vital administrative support required, as well as the logistical aspects to the productions.
- Studio and Live – This will be an opportunity to experience the single and multi-camera live broadcasts as well as how this is broadcast. IMG Studios, MCR, is one of the UK’s most widely connected hubs and is at the core of our operations. Over 400 HD fibres connect us globally via Eurovision, BT, Arqiva, Globecast and Hibernia to name but a few.
- Technical Familiarisation – An introduction to the operational and technical support side of productions for the clients of IMG studios, highlighting the importance of this function.
- Live events and outside broadcast – Covering editorial and production aspects of the “live” programming, both in the office and on location. This will give a good overview of how live events are covered and how they get to our TV Screens.
- Final Project –To be completed across your duration with IMG to gain your apprentice certificate. This will include a research project, set test and professional discussion.
Click here to apply.