Fusion Media, the endurance sport PR and Digital Marketing agency, is seeking an enthusiastic Social Media Executive to join their growing digital team. The candidate should have previous experience in social media and a passion for sport. A good knowledge about cycling, running and endurance sport – both from a participation and sporting standpoint – is desirable.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working on a variety of different projects. They will work with the Head of Digital and Senior Social Media Executive to plan and execute clients’ digital strategies, including content creation and community management. The candidate should be a self-starter and take a creative approach to social media.
A Bit About Us
We’re Fusion Media – the PR and Digital Marketing agency for endurance sport.
We talk authentically to passionate and knowledgeable cyclists, runners and endurance athletes through specialist and national media, and through owned channels, in both the UK and Europe.
Fusion Media has doubled in size in the last 12 months and from our roots in cycling we are expanding our offering into running, endurance and outdoor markets in the UK and Europe.
Founded in 2008, our portfolio of clients includes brands like Strava, where we work as the social network’s European PR agency, Red Bull, Evans Cycles, ofo, Shimano, Wahoo Fitness and Telegraph Events.
As a Social Media / Content Executive, the candidate will work across a number of clients within endurance sports. They will be responsible for implementing social media strategies, from scheduling social updates to producing creative assets for social use.
The successful candidate will be proactive in developing regular, fresh creative content for the use across social media.
They need to have an understanding of the power of social media and the part it can play within the digital marketing space. The candidate will also need to have a first class attention to detail and excellent writing skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Assist in the creation of engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages.
– Coordinate social media messaging with colleagues and monthly company goals
– Assist in the analysis of social media campaigns, monitoring campaign performance and areas for social media campaign improvement.
– Work with digital and wider PR team to ensure social media activity coincides with new product releases, campaigns, or other brand messages.
– Monitor and develop reports on competitor activity within social media spaces.
– Oversee all client social media accounts.
The right candidate will be versatile and a sports enthusiast. They will be a team player and be able to work in an exciting, changing and fast-paced environment. They should also be passionate about furthering their career into digital marketing.
Skills and Experience:
The successful Social Media / Content Executive should be an avid user of social media and an understanding of how it can be used as a marketing tool for brands.
– Preferably, at least one year in digital marketing or relevant social media work experience
– Able to confidently manage brand social media accounts
– Able to produce creative content to engage audiences and widen reach
– Ability or desire to analyse data to better understand and monitor performance
– Able to clearly and concisely communicate with account managers and clients on a regular basis, in an organised and professional manner
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
– Organised nature with the ability to multi-task
– Good attention to detail and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically
– Experience in using social media management software
– Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
– Confident and creative with a good imagination
– Hard working and results driven
– Able to work as part of a team, as well as on your own initiative
– Flexible and enthusiastic with the ability to work well under pressure
– Weekly fruit delivery
– Cycle to Work Scheme (obviously)
– Generous staff discounts on bikes, clothing and parts & accessories
– Free coffee, well-stocked beer and Red Bull fridges
– Strava Premium and Spotify Premium memberships
– Membership to Perkbox, giving you access to exclusive employee perks and big discounts from some of the UK’s top brands
– Bike-friendly offices (showers, secure storage)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £22,000.00 /year
To apply, please send a covering letter & CV to: