|Why this role matters
You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of BT Sport’s social media channels; from planning content, posting in a fast-paced, live environment and evaluating performance. You will work closely with the social media manager and the broader digital team as a whole to achieve strategic business objectives and ensure our social channels remain best in class. This role requires flexible working patterns, including evening and weekend shifts.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for the day-to-day posting and curation of BT Sport’s Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram accounts.
- Plan and coordinate live broadcasts across our social media channels
- Create and maintain content plans, informed by our strategic goals.
- Support the creation of content in the studio around live shows and on-site at our live events.
- Weekly compilation and reporting of key analytics and statistics for distribution within the business.
- Stay up-to-date on social media channel developments and features.
- Work with the creative team to manage delivery of graphics and video content.
We’ll also need to see these on your CV:
- Experience of managing social channels for a brand or media company.
- Story-telling ability and a demonstrable track record of creating engaging social media and short form content.
- The ability to identify and clip shareable short-form video using Grabyo or similar software.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Premiere/Avid and Photoshop.
- A digital expert who is experienced and has an up-to-date knowledge of the latest tactics, techniques and trends.
- The ability to be smart, funny and eye-catching in two sentences or less.
- An interest in a range of sports with a willingness to learn more about BT Sport’s key competitions
- Ability to multi-task and priortise in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Why choose us?
We want to put digital at the heart of our programming and are looking for the brightest and best in the industry to help evolve our coverage. If you’re a digital star, who instinctively understands the power of social media, we want you to join our team to influence our industry-leading broadcasting.
Want to cover some of the biggest sports and competitions on social media? Are you looking for a varied role with varied working hours (including weekends and evenings) that will see you covering different sports and competitions? Then apply via our recruitment portal today to be considered.