The FA – Photography Coordinator
June 11, 2017
Here at The FA we are responsible for overseeing, promoting and developing English football at all levels, from grassroots through to the professional game. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
Overview of the role:
The post-holder will be responsible for overseeing The FA Group’s photography operations, including liaising between departments and external photography providers to ensure The FA’s strategic priorities are brought to life through imagery. This position will manage the day-to-day upkeep of The FA’s photographic archive and will assist the content team in the creation of photo-led features.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing The FA’s relationship with its external photography provider
- Coordinating the needs and requirements of various departments (particularly marketing, partnerships and communications) to ensure The FA’s strategic priorities are brought to life through photography
- Briefing The FA’s external photography provider ahead of shoots and major events
- Overseeing the management of The FA’s photo archive, ensuring that all relevant parties are able to access material through accurate tagging, metadata and search methods
- Defining and managing access to The FA’s photo archive for members of staff, FA partners and stakeholders
- Providing access to imagery for FA partners and stakeholders
- Generating photo-led content ideas for The FA’s digital channels and print publications
- Ad-hoc photography assignments
- Executing additional tasks as required in order to meet The FA Group’s changing priorities
Who we are looking for:
- Understanding of high-quality photojournalism and its use in the modern-day media landscape
- Considerable experience of working with imagery/document databases and libraries
- Considerable experience of working in the media industry
- Project management skills and experience
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite (namely Photoshop)
- Strong communication and relationship-management skills
- Strong photography skills and experience
What we can offer:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Photography Coordinator Ref: PO-1
- Role location; Wembley Stadium
- Type of contract; Full Time
- Closing date: midnight, 22nd June 2017
More information here…