Trainee Assistant Producer @ BBC Sport
February 4, 2020
BBC Sport is looking to recruit 2 Trainee Assistant Producers to work across their output as part of a 12-month training scheme. They encourage applications from under-represented groups, including those from BAME backgrounds or those with a disability.
The role is part of the Sport editorial team and the successful applicants will embark on a 12-month traineeship, involving both formal and bespoke training as well as hands-on practical experience across the whole of Sport’s output. After the 12 months, subject to reaching set goals and criteria, a continuing contract may be offered.
- You will be passionate about sports as well as knowing what makes a good story
- Relish the challenge of producing creative and ambitious content
- You will be involved in every stage of the production process, including research, pre-production and post-production
- You’ll be part of a busy production team within a creative and collaborative culture. It requires you to work with editorial colleagues to deliver outstanding, distinctive, multi-platform content by providing ways to realise editorial ambitions, within operational and financial constraints
- You must be prepared to prioritise and attend all training, development, mentoring sessions, plus other ad hoc meetings as requested by the Scheme Manager.
Are you the right candidate?
- You must have demonstrable previous media production experience to apply
- You must have strong organisational ability as well as creative production skills, with the ability to conduct in-depth research, build relationships and get to grips with a complex production schedule
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working on high-quality output along with familiarity of research techniques and experience with verification of the accuracy of material and rights clearances required
- You’ll work closely with experienced editorial staff to attain the skills, knowledge and experience detailed here and on the Assistant Producer job description (attached to the Trainee Assistant Producer job description)
- The role requires knowledge of live studios, outside broadcasts and a real interest in the genre as well as an understanding of production skills and requirement of the role
Ready to apply?
- To apply for this role, you will need to send a short video, filmed on your phone. To find out more about this click here
- You will then need to fill in the application form
- The closing date for applications is the 16th February 2020. Please note, this job is based in Salford.