Based: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Application Deadline: 22/12/2019
We have recently announced exciting news confirming significant expansion of our digital network of regional news brands, committing to 46 journalists into permanent positions and seven new launches in 2020. There really hasn’t been a better time to join us! As part of this, we are looking to hire a trainee live football writer to cover Sunderland AFC. In this role you will build, write, run, curate, publish and share daily SAFC football live blogs for ChronicleLive over a rota-based late shift across seven days. You will write break-out stories and run standalone live blogs as matches/news events dictate, and be a public face/trust authority on social media for SAFC coverage.
• Curate, copy taste, write and directly publish authoritative and accurate content (including words, pictures and video) in daily football live blogs running between 2pm and 10pm, working the late shift daily and participating in a weekend rota
• Ensure content lines from live blogs are shared quickly, accurately and engagingly on ChronicleLive’s SAFC social media pillar pages and via app push notifications
• Generate breakout content according to the commissions of the football editors and SAFC news agenda, writing standalone articles to accompany live coverage as directed
• Manage and run standalone live coverage of matches or news events as required
• Source and secure permission to use third-party content such as video, audio, pictures, comments and graphics to accompany stories and for use in live blogs
• Reply promptly, politely and helpfully to questions and information coming in via social media or comments regarding live matches and developing stories
• Develop a personal brand to become a trusted public face for SAFC news across social and external media
• Maintain an engaging social media presence including sharing content links daily in a way which helps enhance brand and supports achievement of audience targets.
Click here to apply for this role.