Unit Manager @ BBC Sport
December 5, 2019
BBC Sport is looking for a Unit Manager to provide strategic production management for a portfolio of content from idea through to delivery and distribution. They will provide effective leadership to production management staff throughout the production process ensuring that content is delivered on time, on budget and to the commissioning specification.
- Provide general strategic support to the TV Heads of Production as required, providing ongoing business analysis and support with paperwork and collating information.
- The post holder won’t have a specific slate or productions to manage but will be required to deputise for short periods at peak times in the production schedule.
- The role will be integral in supporting the TV Heads of Production in the month-end reporting cycle and assisting with the sign-off and governance process of projects.
- The Unit Manager will be required to be across department strategy and assist in delivering innovation, change and any new initiatives, monitoring and overseeing post-production resource planning across the TV slate.
- Oversee tracking and monitoring of key production reporting – including Silvermouse, Ofcom, Albert, exceptions reports, on-screen diversity reporting etc.
Are you the right candidate?
- With strong production management experience of delivering a range of productions across a range of output or genres and/or of managing a portfolio of productions successfully, you will have extensive live studio and outside broadcast experience.
- With a keen interest in Sport and our output across all platforms, you will have advanced project management skills and proven experience of delivering complex projects; experience of trouble-shooting key projects.
- You will have the ability to remain calm, organized and focused under pressure and have excellent influencing, persuading and problem-solving skills.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with the TV Heads of Production to inspire and develop a team of production managers and coordinators.
- You will have excellent organisational and planning skills and the ability to schedule and prioritise to meet demanding production and operational deadlines.
This is a continuing contract. Location: Mediacity, Salford.
To apply for this role, click here.