West Ham United F.C – Editorial Assistant
June 20, 2017
An exciting apprenticeship opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Media and Marketing department for a creative, self-motivated individual to gain experience and build their CV in a busy Barclays Premier League Club environment.
This is initially a 12-18 month fixed term contract for an apprentice who will gain a Junior Journalist qualification.
For this reason this role is not open to candidates with an existing journalism qualification (such as NCTJ or BA in Journalism).
The successful candidate will be required to fulfil the following responsibilities as a member of the Media and Marketing Department:
- Produce accurate, engaging and informative content for the Club’s print, digital and social media channels
- Possess a working understanding of how social media platforms work and an ability to use different platforms to publish editorial and rich media content
- Provide original, interesting and commercially effective ideas for new features and written content and video
- Conduct phone and face-to-face interviews with relevant stakeholders to include players, management, supporters and journalists
- Sub-edit incoming content from contributors and bloggers
- Writing promotional copy to assist marketing team as required
- Attend selected first-team, Development Squad, Youth, Ladies and other matches to gather content before, after, and during the game
- Any other tasks as directed by the Content Editor / Multimedia Editor / Digital Director / Head of Media Relations
- To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
- To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
For more information and to apply, click here.