Position: Women’s Sports Editor
Contract Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: 27th January, 2019
The role will primarily be responsible for the commissioning, editing and distribution of women’s sport content and requires an understanding of and experience in social media publishing. The role will also involve writing and generating content on women’s sport.
You will have the chance to work with the best sports team in the country, alongside some of the finest reporters and correspondents in the business. The Telegraph devotes more space to sport than any other newspaper. As well as a fantastic digital operation, it alone provides its readers with an award-winning stand-alone section every day of the week.
● Commissioning, editing and distributing a range of women’s sport content on digital and print platforms.
● Ensuring that women’s sport coverage reflects the news agenda.
● Generating content from reporting, writing, and working with non-Sport teams at The Telegraph to produce digital products and on cross-department projects.
● Building strong relationships with reporters and liaising with them on developing stories.
● Developing strategies for telling stories on women’s sport across social and digital channels, and building engagement and communities on different platforms.
Essential skills required for the role
● Experience of working in a fast-moving editorially driven Sport department.
● Strong news sense and judgment and track record of generating exclusive content.
● Digitally savvy – understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO across a range of platforms.
● Proven ability to engage with audiences and build communities on different platforms.
● Experience of commissioning and editing stories.
To apply for this role click here: