We are looking for two new reporters to join the sports desk to enable an expansion of The Telegraph’s coverage of women’s sport.
The role will include traditional reporting disciplines such as coverage of live events, news gathering, feature and interview writing, and opinion/analysis pieces.
● News and match reporting both online and in print.
● Writing engaging news, features and analysis.
● Attendance at events and regular contribution of off-diary content.
● Having the versatility to cover a range of sports.
● Involved in producing content across all Telegraph platforms.
● Ensuring fast and accurate filing of copy.
● Responsible for helping to maximise digital traffic and engagement through interesting storytelling.
Essential skills required for the role
● Previous journalistic experience of writing sports content for a newspaper or website.
● Strong news sense and expertise in developing stories on digital and print platforms.
● Confidence writing news, match reports, features, analysis and comment.
● Proven ability to engage with audiences and build communities on different platforms.
Additional skills useful for the role
● Previous experience covering women’s sport.
● Digitally savvy – understanding of digital storytelling and optimisation of content through social media and SEO across a range of platforms.
To apply for one of these two roles click: