Digital Sports Writer @ Mirror Online
April 3, 2019
Mirror Online Sport are looking for a Digital Sports Writer to join their team at their Lower Thames Street, London office.
Based: London, England
Job Type: Full-Time
Application Deadline: 13th April, 2019
Job Reference: 0000002071
- Suggesting/sourcing/producing football and sports stories for the mirror.co.uk and Reach PLC national titles across print
- Take direction from the Sports Editor in producing content and distribution to maximise valuable audiences
- Be a personality and face for Mirror Sport’s output
- Have a proactive approach to content production and promotion
- Work across video, podcasts and social media platforms to deliver content
- Attend events, telling stories in a way that is optimised for online audiences
- Create and maintain contacts to source stories, break exclusives, interviews and features on topics on and off the pitch
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team over ways to improve and innovate the site’s output
- Use social media to engage with and build our audiences
- Assist with long-term planning and produce content ahead of major events
- Use analytics and data intelligence to guide your own content production.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer.
These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry’s PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts!
Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Click here to apply for this job.